These tasty vegan cauliflower tortillas are a grain free, paleo substitute for regular tortillas, come together without any eggs or cheese and hold a taco like no other.
- 1 small head of cauliflower or 3–3/4 cups cauli rice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 flax eggs (instructions below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make the flax eggs by adding two tablespoons of ground flax seeds into a small cup or bowl and stir in 1/4 cup filtered water. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- If using a whole head of cauliflower, cut into small florets and process in the food processor until you have a rice like texture. If using cauli rice, add to food processor.
- Add water and oil and pulse in the food processor until you form a mush that looks like mashed potatoes.
- Add the salt and flours and pulse until blended.
- Pulse in the flax eggs until mixed.
- Scoop tortilla mix onto lined baking sheets in desired sizes.
- Bake on 400 degrees, on center rack, for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden on top.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Basics
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 255mg
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Egg Free Cauliflower Tortillas