A vegan, paleo 5 ingredient granola recipe that is sweetened with dates instead of refined sugar and absolutely delicious. Great for breakfast or dessert!
- 1 cup almond pulp from a batch of almond milk
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After making your almond milk, set almond pulp aside and add walnuts and dates into your high speed blender. No need to wash it first.
- Pulse until a coarse mixture forms. you may need to stop and stir up the mixture and/or scrape down the sides a couple times.
- Add almond pulp, vanilla extra and salt to blender and pulse until a grainy mixture forms.
- Dump mixture onto lined baking sheet and break up with your hands to form a single layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then stir/break up mixture into small pieces.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and store in a sealed container on the counter for a week, or in the freezer for a few months.
If you would rather make this in a food processor, follow the same steps. The process is a bit quicker since the nuts and dates mix a bit better there, but I like to do it in the blender so I don’t have to clean another tool.
Feel free to store leftover almond pulp for up to three days in the refrigerator before making this granola.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: granola
- Method: high speed blender/oven
- Cuisine: breakfast
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 195mg
- Fat: 20.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: almond pulp granola, vanilla granola, paleo granola