When I was in high school, my favorite breakfast was blueberry muffins. My parents used to buy a giant tray of muffins from Costco every couple of months. The tray had blueberry, banana nut and chocolate chip muffins. Blueberry was always my breakfast of choice. This tray of muffins was delicious because it was as close to fresh-baked muffins as we got in our house.
It always felt like a special morning treat to have a fresh blueberry muffin for breakfast.
Just like me, my family loves blueberry muffins. The gluten/sugar/dairy kind. So naturally I wanted an alternate option. I don’t eat a lot of gluten baked muffins, but I have found the key to a great blueberry muffin is the sugary, yogurt tang, full of blueberry taste.
These muffins have the perfect sweet, tangy taste that usually comes from yogurt, gluten, refined sugar muffins. And they’re bursting with blueberry goodness. If you want a little boost of protein, add two scoops of Vital Proteins.
You are sure to fool any gluten-sugar-dairy consumer with these. No one will know they are grain free, dairy free and refined sugar-free!
Please let me know if you try these! If you love them, sign up to my email list for more recipes and clean eating tips.Print
Paleo blueberry muffins to spark your memory of eating gluten and sugar filled muffins (without the after effects). Easy and fast for busy mornings.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (reserve until you stop using the blender)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Add everything except the blueberries into the blender.
- Blend until smooth (about 45 seconds).
- Add blueberries to blender and stir by hand.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and fill 2/3 -3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 14.2g
- Sodium: 73.3mg
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20.2g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 46.5mg