Growing up, I remember any time we had bananas that were too brown, I would beg my dad to make banana bread. We would get out that red and white checkered Betty Crocker cookbook, gather all the ingredients and make banana bread together. It had that special sugary sweet taste with a little bit of “we didn’t use a box to bake this” pride added in. It was the only thing I enjoyed cooking with my dad (who cooked everything, all the time).
The first time I made these muffins, I was instantly brought back to that Betty Crocker Banana Bread. All the feels came with it. While I haven’t had that bread in years, these taste just like I remember it. Actually, The Dad in this house said “these taste just like banana bread” when he first had one.
Aside from tasting great, my two muffin requirements are these:
Must have cute dome tops that stay dome-y even after they cool.
Must be fluffy, not fudgy.
These meet the requirements and taste amazing. They are light and fluffy, not overly sweet and just enough banana with cute domes on top that don’t sink after they cool. They don’t taste or feel dense. No one will know they are grain free and refined sugar free.
True to my muffin style, these muffins come together fast. Just throw everything in a blender and then let them bake while you tackle the morning (and perhaps the children).
If you love muffins, check out my other paleo muffin recipes and sign up for my email list to never miss a recipe.Print
A real banana bread taste without refined sugar or grains and made in a blender in no time.
- 3 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (not roasted) pecan halves
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4–1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender, in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth (about 45-90 seconds).
- Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and fill 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Muffins
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 134.3mg
- Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 16.6g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
Keywords: Paleo banana muffins, blender muffins