- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 stalks of celery or 1 zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper ( (any color will work))
- 2 large carrots
- 1 lb ground pork or sausage ( *)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juices
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar ( (this gives a beer like flavor))
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 can chilies or 1 fresh jalapeno if you like a little spice
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chili
Delicious Topping Recommendations
- green onions
- hot sauce
- paleo sour cream
- Chop onions, garlic, celery (or zucchini), bell pepper and carrots into small chunks. I usually chop as small as possible to make them less noticeable.
- Add chopped vegetables and ground beef (unless using already cooked) to Instant Pot and push the Saute function. Sprinkle with the 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and saute until meat is browned.
- I like to keep my Saute function on here to keep my Instant Pot warm. Add the remaining chili and seasoning ingredients.
- Give it all a good stir. Stop the Saute function, put the lid on, close the valve and hit the Manual function. Press the + button until it reads 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, you can use the quick release or let the pressure release slowly.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
*I made this chili once with sausage when I didn’t have any ground beef. I was forever hooked. Ground beef, ground turkey or leftover taco meat also work great!
You can substitute 5 tablespoons of your favorite taco or chili seasoning in place of the seasoning I listed. You may or may not still need some salt, depending on your seasoning and your broth/stock.
I love adding fresh jalapeno, but my two year old won’t eat any chili that’s too “piceyyy.” I found a can of mild chilies adds a nice flavor without spice.
I love adding this paleo sour cream to the top.
This chili makes a great chili dog!
I haven’t tried this without the Instant Pot, but I think you can saute the meat and vegetables in a pan and add everything to a crock pot on low for 8 hours or so with the same results. Please let me know if you try!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes