There’s put together moms and there’s me-unshowered, tired mom. Generally my day job has me frazzled and by dinner time, and a lot of times I don’t have a dinner plan. But I always have a back up meal as well as a stockpile of frozen fruit in the freezer for smoothies.
We drink a lot of smoothies around here and I try to keep all kinds of fruit on hand to switch it up often.
Last summer, I had an abundance of frozen blueberries and frozen pineapple in my freezer and came up with this green smoothie recipe. It’s a cool one because it’s a green smoothie that is actually purple. So if you don’t have a contraption like these to conceal the green, it’s all good. It’s a purple green smoothie.
If you like this smoothie, check out some other green smoothie recipes here. You are sure to love those as well. We love smoothies around here and I plan to post a bunch. If you do too, sign up for my email list to never miss a smoothie recipe.Print
A tasty blend of blueberry, pineapple and spinach to sneak in your greens without drinking something green!
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cashews or cashew pieces
- 1 handful or cup spinach
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado (or one whole small avocado)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 70.2g
- Sodium: 35.7mg
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 80.7g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: green smoothie, blueberry smoothie, dairy free smoothie