This creamy homemade almond milk doubles as a coffee creamer and is perfect as over cereal for busy mornings.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 6–8 cups filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Nut milk bag for straining
- Place the almonds and salt in a bowl and fill with water, about an inch above the almonds.
- Soak the almonds for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the almonds and add to a high speed blender with 4 cups of water and the coconut oil.
- Blend on high for 45-60 seconds.
- Strain the milk into a bowl with the nut milk bag and squeeze out all liquid.
- Store almond milk in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Discard the almond pulp or save it to make your favorite almond pulp recipe.
This is not a sweet almond milk recipe. If you like your almond milk sweet, add a date or two to the blender with the almonds and water.
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Category: Basics
- Method: High Speed Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 93mg
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: creamy homemade almond milk, paleo almond milk